top of page

Can Non-US Companies or Citizens Apply for a Trademark?

The short answer is “yes”, but in 2019 the USPTO implemented a rule that requires foreign companies and individuals whose primary residence is outside the United States to use a licensed US attorney to file their trademark applications and handle almost every other action required before the USPTO.

So, yes, you can obtain a trademark, but you will need help from a licensed attorney.

34 views0 comments


bottom of page